Tuesday, September 22, 2009

308 9th St SE- Moving Along

It's been too long since my last post, and I apologize. We've been so busy getting our 6th st condos sold and pressing forward on this house in Capitol Hill that I haven't had much time to update the blog. In addition, I just got a new golden retriever puppy, which has basically reduced my free time after work to zero. But she's 100% worth it.

Back to the renovation. We have a good part of the framing finished and I'm hoping to get the plumber and HVAC guys in through the house by the end of the week. The roofers are busy installing the standing seam metal roof, and are making great progress. The weather looks iffy for the rest of the week and I'm hoping that the rain will hold off.

We're busy looking for another rehab project, but finding that every investor in DC seems to be doing the same thing. Properties for sale are once again getting multiple offers, and usually sell for more than asking price.

Here's one of the roofers working with the metal. You can see the front of the building is almost totally unchanged. We ordered the historic wood windows and they're still about 3-4 weeks out, so we have to wait to do the siding until we can install the windows.



Here's the basement. It's a total blank slate. You can see the pipes sticking up where the bathroom will be.



This is the top floor. The roof has two pitches. The front roof slopes towards the front of the house, and the remainder slopes towards the side yard. This was a requirement from the Historic Preservation and Review Board.



All of the brick in the basement has been repointed. It looks so cool and I'd love to leave it exposed, but this is an exterior wall, and from my understanding of the code all exterior walls have to be insulated. I've seen people leave it exposed before, but I don't think it's a good idea.



This is the new exterior siding. It's a perfect match of the old tongue and groove wood siding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home